New to chiropractic? Fearful of having your neck twisted and turned? Do manual spinal adjustments feel too extreme?
Try a more gentle, computerized-adjusting technique used at Integrative Health. Instrument adjusting has been around for decades as a very safe and effective alternative to the manual, twisting, turning and cracking adjustments.
Why try computerized adjusting?
- It is a gentle way to adjust the spine using computer analysis to detect spinal fixations. The sigma instrument utilizes a precise oscillating (light tapping) force to adjust the spine.
- No aggressive twisting, turning or cracking.
- You get the same, reproducible gentle adjustments every visit unlike manual adjustments where the chiropractic adjustments may be too rough or too light.
- Every joint of the body can be adjusted gently.
- Although our doctors detect spinal fixations with their hands, the Sigma instrument uses computer technology to verify which joints need to be adjusted using the Sigma pre-adjustment analysis.
How does it work?
The Sigma instrument works on the concepts of force and speed. You need force and speed to adjust a joint. Manual adjustments use more force while the sigma instrument moves 200 times faster than the hands, allowing less force to be used, and thus providing a more gentle adjustment.
Is it safe for kids?
Years of research have gone into the development of the Sigma adjusting instrument to create gentle chiropractic adjustments that are safe and effective for patients of all ages.
What does it feel like?
Chiropractic adjustments with the Sigma Adjusting Instrument feel like a light tapping sensation on the area that is being treated. In most cases the treatment is painless and after the adjustment many patients feel relief of pain and improved mobility. Others report a sense of well-being or a soothing calm feeling.**